Maintaining the skin of the hands in perfect condition is not easy. One of the most common skin problems is dryness. And this is no coincidence — after all, it is the hands that are exposed to negative environmental factors every day and come into contact with aggressive detergents. To keep our hands from giving away our age, we need to take care of them regularly. It is advisable to allocate at least 10-15 minutes every day for skin care in this area. If time is sorely lacking, then make it a habit to “spoil” your hands with a high-quality moisturizer at least twice a day.
In addition to mechanical loads, the cover of the hands is sensitive to any changes in our body. Peeling and irritation indicate the presence of any problems and diseases. Also, cracks and wounds may appear on the hands. But even with excessive dryness, do not despair: restoring hand skin care does not take much time, and the result of your efforts will be noticeable not only to you, but also to others.
Cosmetologists recommend regularly making masks from natural ingredients, baths, and applying compresses at home. Simple and affordable products and procedures, if done and applied regularly, will help restore youth and health to the skin. It will become velvety and soft, small cracks and wrinkles will disappear.
Dry hand skin: what is the reason?
To create an effective skin care program, you need to figure out what it is that suffers the most.
Common causes of dry skin on the hands are:
- Frequent contact with aggressive chemicals and water. First of all, contact with hot water should be avoided.
- Improper or irregular care.
- Unbalanced nutrition. Make sure that your daily diet includes foods rich in vitamins E and A (butter, carrots, cabbage, tomatoes, liver, vegetable oils, eggs, etc.).
- Long exposure to wind, frost, cold, sun.
- Sudden changes in temperature, change in climatic conditions.
- The presence of chronic diseases.
- Age-related changes in the cover.
- Avitaminosis. Most often occurs in late winter and spring.
- Allergy to food or cosmetics.
- Pregnancy. During this period, women often suffer from anemia, which is the cause of dryness and cracks.
- Too dry air in the room (office or apartment).
- Taking certain medications.
Any of these causes can lead to unpleasant consequences in the form of irritation, peeling, redness, painful cracks.
The main thing is not treatment, but prevention. And if, despite regular hand care, you are not satisfied with their condition, then you should think about the correctness of the procedures and the means that you are used to using. For example, the presence in a cream, mask or scrub of a large number of preservatives that increase the shelf life hardly indicates its usefulness. Sometimes a mask made from natural oils or dairy products is much more beneficial than an expensive store-bought cream.
Hand skin care: rules and recommendations
Knowing the rules of hand skin care and adhering to the recommendations of experts, you can preserve youth and beauty for a long time.
- Do not go outside with wet hands in frosty or windy weather.
- During washing, you can use warm or hot water, but it is best to complete the procedure with a cold rinse. This will speed up blood circulation, and improve the condition of the cover. Wipe skin thoroughly after contact with water.
- Do not forget to apply products with a protective factor in sunny weather.
- Deeply cleanse the skin of your hands with special scrubs. They can be bought at any cosmetic store or prepared at home from available ingredients: ground coffee, oatmeal, oils…
- Wear rubber gloves for all housework that involves the use of water and cleaning products.
- Use soap with a neutral pH level and regularly apply a nourishing and moisturizing cream to the skin. When applying, do a massage: it will help the product to be absorbed faster and speed up blood circulation.
- Moisturize the dermis from the inside: drink at least 2 liters of clean water throughout the day.
- Include vegetables and fruits in your daily menu, which will saturate the body with vitamins and minerals.
And be sure to learn to alternate work with rest. Believe me, healthy sleep, proper rest and good mood are the main guarantee of beauty and health.
Hand beauty: care with masks made from natural ingredients
Even in ancient times, women used various natural ingredients to soften the skin of their hands. They did not have the opportunity to buy care products in the store, but they understood that without proper care, the skin would bring a lot of trouble. Despite the fact that now every representative of the fair sex can treat herself to a means of industrial production, most still prefer natural cosmetics. The most important thing is that the composition of the product is simple and accessible.
- mashed potato mask
Boil a couple of potatoes in their skins. Crush them, add a tablespoon of milk (warm) and apply the resulting puree to your hands. Leave on for 20 minutes and remove with warm water. Finish off with cream.
- Nourishing mask with honey and sour cream
Melt a tablespoon of natural honey in a steam bath, add 2-3 tablespoons of sour cream (fatty, homemade) to it. Sour cream can be replaced with cream. Mix the ingredients well and distribute the resulting mixture as evenly as possible over your hands. After 18-20 minutes, wash off the mask with warm water and enjoy the softness and tenderness of the cover: the skin will change after the first procedure.
- Banana, egg and almond oil hand mask
Combine a couple of tablespoons of banana puree, a spoonful of almond oil and the same amount of honey (warm, liquid). A mixture of three components, apply to the skin, wait 15 minutes and rinse with water at room temperature.
Do not forget that you can easily determine the age of a woman by her hands, and cracks, roughness and wrinkles will not only reveal your secret, but also add a few extra years.
Cosmetic dermatology / Bauman L., trans. from English. Ed. Potekayeva N.N. — 2011
Dermatology in clinical practice / Ed. Potekaev N.N., E. Finlay, M. Chaudhary — 2011