Can’t lose weight? Go to the bath! Hot procedures and body care will give you wonderful moments of rest and relaxation, replenishment of strength and energy. After a few hours spent in the steam room and dressing room, you will achieve a special level of cleansing, lose weight and reduce the appearance of cellulite. How to lose weight and get prettier in the bath is the topic of today’s conversation on MedAboutMe.
It will be hot! Health benefits of a bath
The Russian bath is considered one of the strongest in the world in terms of the level of healing effects on the human body. Many experts are unanimous in their opinion that the Turkish, Finnish and Roman baths are inferior in quality to the Russian one. And all because in our bathhouse the wooden frame warms up evenly, contrast douches provide the body with a “shake” and tone up blood vessels, special brooms guarantee high-quality massage, and masks and wraps ─ skin care.
To get the maximum benefit from the bath, you need to carry out the procedures according to all the rules. Only in this case, visiting a “hot place” will strengthen the immune system, contribute to the normal functioning of internal organs and systems, and the saturation of tissues with oxygen and useful substances.
A bath is an excellent healing tool, but, despite all its healing qualities, it is not shown to everyone. It is impossible to cross the threshold of the bath at elevated body temperature, which has arisen as a result of acute respiratory viral diseases and inflammatory processes in the body. A bath is not recommended until full recovery after exacerbations of chronic diseases. If there is a history of heart disease — endocarditis, pericarditis, myocarditis, a visit to the bath is possible only after consulting a doctor. An absolute contraindication to taking hot procedures is epilepsy, oncological diseases, pulmonary tuberculosis, severe vascular sclerosis, Botkin’s disease.
7 rules for visiting the Russian bath
- Bath rooms should be dry and well ventilated. Only in this case, the heat will heal the body, be soft and gentle for a person and beneficial for his respiratory organs and skin.
- To improve the state of mind and relieve stress, it is recommended to pour water with essential oils or herbal infusions (200-250 ml) into the oven. To prepare herbal infusion, pour 1 teaspoon of dry raw materials (mint, needles, thyme, sage, fir, needles) with a glass of boiling water and let it brew for 15 minutes. To prepare fragrant water, add 2-3 drops of essential oil of your choice to 200 ml of water. It can be oils of lemon, juniper, sandalwood, ylang-ylang, bergamot, lavender, rose, eucalyptus.
- The first visit to the steam room is warming. It should not exceed 3-5 minutes. After it, you need to rinse the body with cool water, wrap yourself in a sheet and drink herbal infusion or tea with the addition of a spoonful of honey to increase perspiration.
- The second visit is the best time for massage treatments. Save a massage broom for this purpose. Massage should last no more than 7 minutes.
- The third visit to the steam room is ideal for working on the face and body. You will need cosmetic face masks, all kinds of patches, as well as specially prepared bath masks to combat cellulite and body fat.
- While in the bath, observe the temperature regime. The higher the temperature in the steam room, the colder the water procedures should be — contrast douches.
- To normalize the body’s water balance in the bath, you should drink plenty of water. Experts recommend drinking at least 3-5 glasses of water without gas, tea or herbal infusion.
Broom and folds: how to lose weight in the bath
Fans of quick weight loss in the bath will be disappointed. To achieve a noticeable result, you will have to put in a lot of effort, sincerely love the bath and visit it regularly. The most important thing to know is that even the hottest steam room cannot melt the fat on the human body. The decrease in weight that the scales record after hot treatments is the effect of water loss. In the steam room, a person loses up to 1.5 liters of sweat, with which toxins and harmful substances leave, this is precisely the healing effect of the Russian steam room.
But for weight loss, procedures in the bath must certainly be combined with other measures — fitness classes and a healthy diet. Strengthen the effect will help self-massage sessions, which are carried out with the help of brooms. Each type has its own purpose.
- Juniper and coniferous brooms are just a godsend for a person who wants to get rid of excess weight. They “penetrate” deeply, allowing you to get rid of pain in the back and joints, improving microcirculation in the tissues of the body.
- Linden broom is useful for those women who suffer from migraines and headaches. After massage procedures come peace and relaxation.
- Eucalyptus broom is an indispensable tool in the cold season. It strengthens the immune system, serves as an effective preventive measure against ARVI and acute respiratory infections.
- Birch broom — useful for people suffering from bronchitis and frequent colds. It relieves tension in the muscles, relaxes them and restores strength.
How are procedures with massage brooms carried out? First, take a lying position on the bottom shelf of the steam room so that the body gets used to the high temperature. The head and legs should be at the same level. Massage broom should stroke the body, moving from the feet to the head. Your movements should be light, sliding.
After that, you should put a broom on your feet and hold for a few minutes. In the same way, you need to warm up the area of \u200b\u200bthe back and lower back, but reduce the “compress” time to a few seconds.
The next step will be «quicking» the body with a broom. Treat problem areas — legs, hips, buttocks, back and stomach. Finish the massage by stroking and rubbing the skin of the body.
Bath masks against cellulite
An effective aid in losing weight and getting rid of cellulite are bath masks. Created on the basis of natural ingredients, they complement daily skin care, help break down fats and remove excess fluid from the body, moisturize, nourish and restore the skin.
Before applying the mask, visit the steam room and take a cool shower. It is not necessary to use scrubs and peels.
- Mask to get rid of belly fat
Combine fresh coffee grounds with some honey and apply the wet, sticky mixture to your stomach area. Now start taking action. Put your palm on the problem area and abruptly tear it away from the body. Carry out the procedure until the mixture is absorbed.
- Anti-cellulite cocoa mask
Add 200 g of cocoa to 500 ml of pure warm water, stir the mixture until smooth. Apply it on the cover of problem areas, leave for 15-20 minutes. In addition to the pronounced anti-cellulite effect, the mask moisturizes and nourishes the skin.
- Sea salt mask against «orange peel»
Mix equal proportions of coffee grounds and coarse sea salt, apply the mask on the abdomen, thighs and buttocks. Massage the cover with intense rubbing movements for about 5-7 minutes, then leave the mask for another 5 minutes and then rinse with water.
- Anti-cellulite mask based on brewer’s yeast
To 15 g of dry brewer’s yeast, add 4 tsp. natural cream and honey. Mix thoroughly until a homogeneous mass is obtained. Apply the mixture on the skin of problem areas and leave for 15 minutes.
- Clay mask for cellulite treatment
5 tsp combine white clay with a small amount of water until a creamy consistency is obtained. Add 3 drops of citrus essential oil. Apply to the cover and leave for a quarter of an hour.
Shemonaeva Olga Nikolaevna, masseur, specialist in health improvement and body modeling
The fight against cellulite is always a complex of procedures. The more tools and techniques will be involved, the better you can get the result. In combination with home bath procedures, salon measures give excellent results. Professional spa treatments are so widespread for a reason. If you visit them regularly, you can noticeably improve the condition of the skin and reduce the severity of cellulite.
The secret lies in an integrated approach to addressing this delicate problem. Firstly, before the procedure, you will be offered to visit the hammam, bath or sauna. Gradual, intense warming up of the body will help increase blood flow, soften the stratum corneum of the skin and open the pores. On steamed skin, it is very good to carry out the peeling procedure. As a rule, such cosmetics contain abrasive polishing particles and prepare the skin well for further care.
Special anti-cellulite scrubs are often enriched with hot red pepper extract, sea salt particles (to increase blood flow) and natural skin “loosening” extracts (mango, passion fruit, papaya and pineapple). A good final stage of such an anti-cellulite program will be the application of special masks (wrap). Such products often contain menthol, extracts of coffee beans, green tea, algae and other ingredients. Such body masks have their positive effect due to the ability to remove toxins from the body, converting them into a water-soluble form and accelerating the process of outflow of excess fluid from the tissues.