At all times, the beauty and tenderness of women’s hands were sung by poets. Well-groomed hands of the fair sex have always been perceived as an indicator of high status in society. Keeping their hands in perfect condition, women not only significantly increase the chances of conquering men’s hearts, but also protect the secret of their age. MedAboutMe will tell you about the secrets of careful hand care.
Why does the skin of the hands lose youth and beauty
Judging by numerous surveys, only a third of girls use rubber gloves while cleaning or washing dishes. However, only half of the women surveyed use moisturizing creams. But the skin of our hands suffers to a greater extent from the effects of cleaning and detergents, which contain a lot of aggressive components. In addition, the skin of the hands loses its youth and beauty against the background of temperature changes, as well as due to the lack of timely and proper care.
Under the skin of the hands there is a small layer of adipose tissue and a minimal amount of sebaceous glands, which indicates a weak mechanism for moisturizing and restoring the skin. Also, the upper layer of the epidermis quickly loses moisture due to the intensive function of the sweat glands. The skin of the hands is almost as vulnerable and delicate as the skin around the eyes. Exposure to external factors leads to cracks in the hands, inflammation, roughness, allergic dermatitis and irritation. In order for the skin of the hands to remain tender and young for many years, proper and regular care is necessary.
Proper hand care
If your plans for the future do not include expensive and dangerous plastic surgery for the purpose of rejuvenation, start now to adhere to the rules of comprehensive care:
- In frosty colds, it is imperative to wear warm gloves made from natural materials, since synthetics dry the skin. If after a frost there is inflammation of the skin, contrast baths will help to remove it. Alternately dip your hands in cool and warm water for 10 seconds.
- Do not wash your hands in too hot or cold water, so as not to overdry the skin. Water should be at room temperature.
- Use high-quality gel and hand soap with a moisturizing and nourishing effect based on natural ingredients.
- Despite the inconvenience, try to put on seals before cleaning the house, hand washing or washing dishes. Remember that the main danger to hands is household chemicals.
- Every day use cosmetics for hands with natural oils. Also, do not forget about hand massage and home spa treatments 2-3 times a week using exfoliating and nourishing masks or baths.
If you follow these rules for 21 days, they will definitely become a habit and your hands will retain youth and tenderness for a long time. In addition, in addition to care, the beauty of the hands depends on the diet and drinking regimen. Eat foods containing vitamin A, C and E more often, and drink at least 1.5-2 liters of pure water per day.
Beauty recipes: masks and hand baths
Regular hand skin care includes the use of effective masks, scrubs and baths:
- Sea salt scrub. For effective regeneration of the skin of the hands, this scrub is used. To prepare it, mix 3 tbsp. l. sea salt with the same amount of coconut oil. Add a couple of drops of tea tree oil to the mixture. Apply the scrub to the skin with massaging movements, and then rinse with water at room temperature.
- Orange mask for hands. Beat the orange pulp with a blender and add 1 tsp. sesame oil. Apply the mask for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water. After the procedure, use a moisturizer.
- Fruit peel scrub. Grind dried lemon and orange zest in a coffee grinder. Mix the mixture with a few drops of orange oil and sea salt. Rub the scrub with light movements. After 5 minutes, rinse your hands with warm water and apply a nourishing cream.
- Paraffin baths. Warm up cosmetic paraffin to 50 degrees. Lubricate your hands with cream, dip in a paraffin bath and hold until a film forms. It is advisable to wrap your hands with a bag and a towel. The cooled paraffin can be removed after 15 minutes.
- Bath for moisturizing hands. Mix in equal proportions 2 cups of milk and warm water, add 2 tbsp. l. olive oil and a pinch of cinnamon. Soak your hands in the bath for 10 minutes. Also, for dry skin, a mask of boiled oatmeal and olive oil will be useful.
- Potato mask. With chapped skin, a potato mask will help. Make a puree of 2 potatoes, add 2 drops of lemon and glycerin. Keep the mixture on your hands for 15 minutes.
- To lighten the skin and eliminate age spots, wipe your hands with lemon pulp 2-3 times a day. Also, in order to lighten the skin, you can make masks from grated cucumber or baths from parsley broth.
- Yolk mask for hands. Mix egg yolk with 1 tsp. honey and 1 tbsp. l. vegetable oil. In addition to these ingredients, you can add 1 tsp. oatmeal. After the procedure, lubricate your hands with grape seed oil.
- Baths with mustard. Dilute 1 tsp. mustard powder in 1 liter of warm water, soak your hands in the solution for 10-15 minutes.
- Peeling. Mix these ingredients: a pinch of soda, 1 tbsp. l. coconut oil, 2 tablespoons sugar. Massage your hands with this mixture for 2-3 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Toning mask. Stir 2 tbsp. l. olive oil with the pulp of one apple, a drop of menthol and 1 tsp. vaseline. Apply the mask for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water.
If you sometimes do not have time for home spa treatments with baths, scrubs and masks, try to use proven cosmetics from the best manufacturers. Also, do not forget to do light gymnastics for the hands. This is especially true for those who work with tense and bent arms. A few exercises are enough to relax the ligaments and improve blood flow. Just rotate, bend and lightly shake your hands for 5 minutes. In combination with proper care and massage, gymnastics will perfectly maintain the flawless appearance of the skin.
Published on 05/16/2019 13:01, updated on 04/17/2020 19:53