Habits are good and bad. Brushing your teeth is a very important morning ritual. A beautiful smile for a person is a business card, and it is important what impression we make.
How to brush your teeth correctly, how much time should be devoted to this process, when is it better to do it? There are answers to all these questions, and we will talk about this in our article.
Mistakes when brushing your teeth
What can destroy teeth? Insufficient and improper care. It is important to correctly determine the time, timing and thoroughness of brushing your teeth, so you can maintain the health of your gums and teeth. But not always people brush their teeth correctly and make mistakes. They can be:
- You can not use a toothbrush for a long time, a maximum of 2-3 months with regular use. Or you can determine the approximate number of cleanings, about 200. It is impossible to thoroughly wash the brush, and over time bacteria accumulate on it.
- Very active, rough cleaning is also unacceptable. Enamel can be damaged, gums can be injured, and a hard approach will result in problems. The result will be the opposite of what is expected. Among the common ailments after such a cleaning is hypersensitivity of the teeth.
- Do not brush your teeth too often, twice a day is enough. After eating, it is useful to rinse your mouth, use dental floss, and this will be enough.
- The cleansing procedure must be carried out for at least 2 minutes, carefully brushing all segments of the oral cavity with a brush.
- Do not forget about the tongue, if you clean it, the number of microbes will decrease, the breath will be fresher.
- The use of dental floss helps to get rid of the rest of the food, because the toothbrush does not penetrate everywhere. It is also important to choose the right toothpaste, because with sensitive teeth it is unacceptable to use whitening paste. The enamel is damaged and problems arise. The best solution is to consult with your dentist, he knows the individual characteristics and will recommend a good paste.
When and how to properly brush your teeth
We are all used to brushing our teeth in the morning, but in the evening, brushing is also necessary. It is not enough to rinse your mouth with a balm, because food particles get stuck between the teeth. There are several reasons why it is worth taking the time to clean.
- During the day, bacteria accumulate in the mouth. And if you do not make certain efforts, during the night they actively multiply. This leads to caries, the enamel is destroyed, as bacteria secrete acid.
- If you brush your teeth in the evening, then in the morning bad breath will be much less. It is better to carry out the procedure an hour after dinner.
- If you do not remove plaque, it will eventually turn into a stone that cannot be cleaned on your own.
- Electric brushes have proven themselves very well. They work in several directions, are convenient and easy to use.
- With a regular brush, it is important to perform the movements correctly. They should be directed up and down, pushing out so that the villi penetrate between the teeth. Perform circular movements, trying to cover all hard-to-reach places. Horizontal movements are ineffective, although they are most convenient to perform.
- In the morning, it is better to brush your teeth immediately, and after eating, rinse your mouth with a special tool.
- Be sure to floss after eating, especially if there are crowns or gaps between teeth.
- The choice of brush is also individual. It all depends on the condition of the enamel and the health of the gums. It is better to consult your dentist.
Published on 03/03/2022 15:16