Photo: Fotodom.ru

Cellulite is the formation of deposits in the subcutaneous fat, which provoke microcirculation and lymphatic outflow disorders. Doctors usually call it lipodystrophy and distinguish four stages of cellulite development.
First – on which it is not yet visible, at this time there is a stagnation of fluid between fat cells, but the skin looks smooth. On the second stage blood and lymph begin to circulate worse in the capillaries, and cellulite can be seen if you squeeze the skin with your hand. On the third stage the surface of the skin looks covered with bumps – the so-called orange peel». Fourth stage – this is advanced cellulite, when the tubercles become more pronounced and formed, collagen fibers harden in them, form into nodules, and when they are compressed, you can even feel pain.

We, as a rule, begin to worry already in the initial stages: we worry that the skin in short shorts does not look so elastic, and if we sit down in an unsuccessful position, those very bulges will become visible on it.

On the left is a schematic representation of skin without cellulite, and on the right is skin with manifestations of cellulite.
Photo: Fotodom.ru

Doctors do not consider cellulite a disease – maybe we should worry about it less? Here are 6 facts that will convince you of this.

What is the cause of cellulite?

No one can say for sure whether you will have cellulite or not. But scientists deduce some relationships between his education and race, gender and genetic characteristics of a person. It is believed that the more frequent appearance of cellulite in women is due to the peculiarities of the structure of their skin and the structure of subcutaneous tissues.

Does the presence of cellulite indicate health problems?

As a result of studying this phenomenon, doctors came to the conclusion that cellulite is mainly an aesthetic problem and does not indicate the presence or absence of health problems.

In magazines, all models are without cellulite. But they actually have it, and their photos are just photoshopped?

Russian model Anastasia Kvitko on the coast of Miami

Russian model Anastasia Kvitko shows by her own example that cellulite also affects young girls

According to scientists, 90% of women have cellulite. Theoretically, of course, it is possible that only the lucky ones from among the remaining 10% become models, but practice shows that even the bodies of fashion models in the photo have to be processed in photo editors to make them look perfect.

Men, by the way, are more fortunate in this regard. The statistics here are exactly the opposite: only 10% of them have cellulite.

Does cellulite normally appear only on the thighs?

Photo: Fotodom.ru

Not, range» its distribution is mainly the thighs, but it usually appears on the buttocks, and even on the stomach.

Nutrition, genetics, sports – which of these affects the appearance (or, conversely, non-appearance) of cellulite the most?

Scientists agree that genetics plays the main role here – by the way, just like with stretch marks. Proper nutrition and exercise can only reduce the likelihood of education in you orange peel». Maintaining normal weight allows you to keep fat under control: it does not accumulate so actively around the muscles, which means that cellulite does not form under the skin.

Can cellulite be prevented?

Unfortunately, it is not entirely possible. Since its appearance is mainly due to heredity, you will not be able to influence the formation of tubercles under the skin. That is why cellulite often appears not only in overweight, but also in slender women. But the good news is that you can reduce your chances of getting it if you eat right, maintain a healthy BMI, and stay active.

Anti-cellulite mask for the abdomen and waist Pancia e Girovita, Guam
Photo: Guam

Anti-cellulite thermal body mask against pronounced cellulite Thalasso Siberica, Natura Siberica
Photo: Natura Siberica

What home treatments can reduce the appearance of cellulite?

First of all, it is hydration of the skin of the body. Regularly use a moisturizer after a shower, choose products containing hyaluronic acid, ceramides, mud. Formulas with a warming effect, lymphatic drainage massages and wraps help, thanks to which the active substances reach their destination – in the subcutaneous fat. But remember that these are all just additional measures that can help reduce the appearance of cellulite, but will not guarantee either getting rid of it or preventing its occurrence – heredity is everything.

Body Cream with Hyaluronic Acid and Macadamia Oil Honey Bunny
Photo: Honey Bunny

Anti-cellulite moisturizing cream-gel with mangosteen extract Hydratant Quotidien Anti-Cellulite, Yves Rocher
Photo: Yves Rocher


By Yara

Leave a Reply