Very often we are faced with such an unpleasant problem as wood lice. They appear in the apartment, bathroom and toilet. There are several ways to help get rid of wood lice.
How to get rid of wood lice in the house
Woodlice do not tolerate any infections, do not emit odors, but still they are unpleasant neighbors. They thrive in areas with high humidity. In the house, they are frequent residents of the basements, but it also happens that you can notice them in the living room.
First, you can get rid of wood lice if you eliminate the damp hearth in which they live. This will require salt. Just sprinkle it on wet places, it will absorb all the moisture and wood lice will disappear.
And secondly, deprive them of their food base. They feed on semi-decomposed organic remains, i.e. rotted wood or plant parts, it can also be vegetables, fruits and the contents of the trash can.
How to get rid of wood lice in the apartment
You can also fight wood lice with boric acid. It destroys the cover of wood lice, which leads them to inevitable death.
- For half a liter of water, take 10 g of boric acid.
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
- Spray thoroughly on areas where wood lice accumulate.
- After 7-9 hours, carry out a wet cleaning using a weak solution of bleach.
- Ventilate the room.
How to get rid of wood lice in the bathroom
- Mix 3 g of ground red pepper, soda and tobacco in a 1:1 ratio.
- Dissolve the mixture in 1 liter of water.
- Pour the solution into a spray bottle.
- Spray on walls, floors and corners in the bathroom and leave for 8 hours.
- Then carry out a wet cleaning using a weak solution of bleach.
- After the procedure, be sure to ventilate the room.
A solution of vinegar will also help get rid of harmful insects. Dilute a small amount of vinegar in water and spray on wood lice habitats.
Method with a broom
You can get rid of wood lice with a wet broom. Leave it in the bath at night. Wood lice will definitely crawl into it. In the morning, all that remains is to shake off the wood lice from the broom and destroy them.
A method that will also help get rid of wood lice.
- Cut a raw potato in half.
- We make a hole in it.
- At night we put potatoes in the habitat of wood lice.
- In the morning, you will find wood lice in the hole, which you should destroy yourself.
Prevention of wood lice
In order not to have to deal with these unpleasant insects in the future, prevention is the best way. It is important to keep your home clean and dry on a regular basis. That is, pre-fix any leaks in the bathrooms or in the kitchen.
So, here are a few tips to help prevent the appearance of wood lice.
- Dry things on the balcony
- Ventilate the room regularly
- Keep your kitchen cabinets in order
- Get rid of spoiled food in time, as well as garbage in the bucket.
- Inspect houseplants and remove rotten parts
- Avoid rotting fruits and vegetables
If you have suffered such a misfortune as wood lice, do not worry. Getting rid of them is possible, and our tips will help you deal with it quickly and easily.