Our text is for those who do not know how to iron a shirt, and there are probably many such people. In fact, everything is not so difficult. The main thing is to remember the sequence. In this case, you will spend no more than five minutes on it. Have patience and experience!
How to iron a shirt: what is important to know?
one. First, turn your shirt inside out. First, you won’t damage the front in case something goes wrong. Secondly, you will iron your item better.
2. Carefully study the label on which it is written at what temperature to iron the item. If there is no information about this, then you need to look at the type of fabric and set the temperature, depending on this.
3. It is better to start ironing things from a low temperature. If you see that the folds are not ironed, then gradually increase the mode. If you feel that the iron is starting to slip poorly, stop ironing immediately. Otherwise, you may damage the fabric.
four. By the way, it is better not to dry the shirt too much. It should be slightly damp, then it will be easier to iron it.
5. Immediately after you iron the shirt, it is best to hang it on the back of a chair or on a hanger. So, you will be sure that it will not wrinkle again.
How to iron a shirt?
1. First of all, you need to iron the sleeves and cuffs. To do this, take the sleeve along the seam and place it on the ironing board. There should be no wrinkles on the item after you have ironed it. Next, move on to the cuffs. The next step is the second side of the shirt. By the way, some have a special board for ironing sleeves – with its help you will simplify your task.
2. Front and back of the shirt. It is worth starting with the part on which there are buttons. Pay special attention to the area near the collar, because it is visible from under the jacket. Don’t forget to iron the areas around the buttons. But do not iron the buttons themselves, otherwise they will melt.
3. The shoulders of the shirt. You need to lay the shirt on the narrow part of the board so that only the left or right shoulder can be ironed. The tip of the iron needs to get to difficult areas so that there are no wrinkles.
4. Shirt collar. This is the nicest part of the shirt because it is small and firm. Lay the collar with the inside facing you and smooth out any wrinkles, if any.
What should be remembered?
1. If suddenly you are not sure about the type of fabric of your shirt, start ironing at a low temperature. It is better that you spend more time removing wrinkles, but you will know that nothing will happen to your item.
2. If the buttons are under the fabric, go around them. Iron only around the buttons. Otherwise, there may be nothing left of them.
3. Never iron a dirty shirt. If there is a stain on it and you wash it, it can eat even more. Then you run the risk of not removing the dirt.
4. To clean the iron from dirt (if you do not clean it, the dirt will remain on your things), use vinegar. In a 1:1 ratio, mix room temperature water and vinegar. Pour this solution into the iron. It is necessary to allow steam to escape until the solution has completely evaporated.
5. For ironing, use special purified water: either water from a home filter or from a bottle.
6. If you don’t know how to choose an ironing board, remember one rule: the harder the better.
7. Some people think that shirts should have arrows. More often, shirts with arrows are worn at some official events. This detail is optional, however, if you still want a shirt with arrows, remember: fold the sleeve in half so that the seam is down. Then iron the top edge. The arrow can be created directly from the shoulder. But on the cuffs it definitely should not be.
By the way, if you turn off the spin mode in the washing machine during washing, then your shirt will wrinkle less, and you will not strain so much while ironing things. Sometimes you can just hang the shirt on a coat hanger and let it dry. Sometimes you can immediately go somewhere in it.