First of all, it is worth remembering that if you regularly wash the refrigerator and monitor the quality of the products inside it, then you will rarely encounter such a problem.
How to remove the smell in the refrigerator at home: general rules
- Baking soda or detergent. After you rinse everything, do not forget to dry the surfaces both inside and out.
- After cleaning, ventilate the refrigerator for several hours.
- Once every few months, it is worth cleaning the drain hole inside the chamber.
- Close all jars and containers tightly so that the smell does not spread through the refrigerator.
- Most often, the smell spreads due to spoiled food, improper storage of food, clogged drain, mold, condensation, ventilation problems.
How can you remove the smell from the refrigerator?
- There are a few foods that can be stored in the refrigerator to prevent other odors from spreading and spoiling the air.
- Rye bread. It absorbs odor the best. Cut the bread into small pieces, place on a plate and place one on each shelf.
- Rice grains. Spread the rice on a plate and place it on a shelf in the refrigerator.
- You can put chopped onions, potatoes or an apple on a plate. They also eliminate odors.
- Herbs and spices. Store basil, turmeric, cloves, tarragon, cinnamon, celery, thyme, mint, and lemon balm in the refrigerator. Or try leaving the vanilla.
- Well eliminate the smell of orange and lemon.
- Pour salt and sugar onto a saucer. Leave them in the refrigerator.
- Leave the coffee beans on the plate.
- Ignite the activated charcoal in the oven and pour it onto a plate.
Remove the smell from the refrigerator quickly: how to do it?
- Throw away any spoiled food. Leave the refrigerator doors open for two to three hours.
- If any foods have absorbed a rotten smell, throw them out as well.
- Crumple up some paper or newspaper and place it in the fridge – this is great for absorbing rotten smells.