Trinity 2021 is otherwise known as the Day of the Holy Trinity or Pentecost. This is one of the twelve main Orthodox holidays.
Holy Trinity 2021 is celebrated every year on Sunday, the 50th day after Easter. It was established in honor of the descent of the Holy Spirit on the apostles and the Virgin Mary on the 50th day after the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The holiday symbolizes the unity of the Holy Spirit, God the Father and God the Son.
Trinity in 2021
When is the trinity in 2021 for the Orthodox? Trinity in 2021 is celebrated on June 20. 50 days after Easter (May 2).
- In the Orthodox Church, the holiday is celebrated for three days. The clergy wear green clothes – this is a symbol of eternal life and life-giving.
- Temples are decorated with tree branches.
- On the eve of the holiday, on Saturday, an all-night vigil takes place.
- On Trinity itself, the Gospel of John is read, a festive liturgy is held.
- On the third day, the water is illuminated.
- On the holiday itself, people go to the temple.
- On the eve, everyone remembers the deceased loved ones and go to the cemetery.
- On the eve, women put things in order at home, prepare festive food, bake bread. All this symbolizes fertility and prosperity.
- After lunch on the day of the holiday, dances and festivities are arranged.
What can you eat on Trinity?
You can eat any food, as there is no fasting.
What can not be done on Trinity?
- Do heavy physical labor, cleaning.
- You can not swear with loved ones and quarrel with everyone around you.
- You can’t swim in natural reservoirs (since there is a belief that on the Trinity, evil spirits will become mystical characters and harm people).
What are the signs associated with the Trinity?
- If it rains on Trinity Day, then there will be a lot of mushrooms in the fall.
- It is better not to celebrate the wedding on this day, otherwise the marriage will not bring anything good.
- You can arrange matchmaking on this day, then the marriage will be strong.
- On this day you can find a treasure.
- If you cry during the service, you can count on a rich harvest.
How to guess on the day of the Trinity?
Often girls on this day guess at their betrothed, love and future. For divination accuracy, it is better to use water and plants.
- Divination by the river. The girl should braid a wreath and put a lit candle in it. Next – release into the river. If he drowns near the shore, then the relationship with the man will not be too long, if far away, then you will meet your fate. If the wreath is washed ashore, you can expect a wedding this year.
- Fortune telling on a wreath. In the evening, you need to make a wreath of birch and several types of grass: Ivan da Marya, burdock, thyme and bear’s ear. Leave it overnight in the yard. If in the morning you see that the wreath has withered, then in the future you may have difficulties. If it remains fresh, the year will be successful.
- Fortune telling on St. John’s wort. If you want to find out if a man has any feelings for you, then take a bunch of St. John’s wort and twist it so hard that the juice drips out of you. If the juice is clear, then the man does not love you. If it is red, then rejoice – the feelings are mutual.