Now, on the wave of body-positive on the catwalks, and in the advertising campaigns of make-up products, models with acne are increasingly flashing. They do not hide, but rather show their faces with bright inflammation and ulcers. To date, in America alone, according to the Association of Dermatovenereologists, 40 percent of the population suffers from acne.
They are antisocial, not contact and, according to the stories of psychologists, do not hope to move up the career ladder because of their problem. It is not surprising that bodybuilders decided to turn acne into the norm, building it into a cult.
However, not everyone, including employers, is ready to put up with active rashes on their faces, including employees. Therefore, it is still customary not to praise this problem, but to fight it. However, even despite the efforts of body-positive, as well as overweight.
The causes of adult acne are very different, and the methods of treatment for each case are individual. For those who do not want to look like a teenager all their lives, experts tell a detailed scheme for getting rid of the problem.
What does acne look like
Most often, acne occurs in owners of oily and combination skin, because they have more sebaceous glands per square centimeter, which produce more sebum.
Due to disruption of the sebaceous glands, blockage of the ducts, acne occurs, to put it simply. Inflammation is usually localized in the T-zone, on the back, on the chest. Inflammatory elements according to the type of acne are divided into several types:
1. Papules – resemble plump red bumps on the surface of the skin. If you touch them, the sensations are painful.
2. Acne – inflammatory elements that mature and they have a purulent head.
3. Acne – or blackheads. They are formed in the pores when mixing sebum and dead cells, clog the sebaceous duct. Under the influence of oxygen, blackheads visually turn black, but only on the surface.
4. Whiteheads – they form in the same way as blackheads, but they do not change color, since they are covered by a layer of skin from above, they form deep in the pores. They do not cause inconvenience, and are not very noticeable. But, under certain circumstances, they can degenerate into acne.
5. Cysts – form under the skin, filled with pus and sebaceous plugs. Very painful to the touch. Usually indicate polycystic ovaries.
Any variations of acne can be localized in T-zones in several pieces, and in the acute course of the disease, form purulent islands, scattering in different areas in large groups.
Why adults have acne
The causes of acne, contrary to various articles in the gloss, experts do not include the abuse of chocolate, demodex on pillowcases and dairy products. “In fact, all these factors, including sweets, are not the root cause, they can only worsen the course of the disease, or they may not worsen,” says Sofya Pakhomova, dermatovenereologist, cosmetologist, trichologist, medical director of the Remedy Lab clinic.
Scientists today recognize the sensitivity of the body to hormones as the main culprit for acne, simply because they are.
“Immune inflammation is provoked by increased production or increased sensitivity to sex hormones. In the future, a cascade of pathological changes occurs, which leads to skin rashes. An important role is given to increased production and changes in the composition of sebum, blockage of the excretory ducts of the sebaceous glands and the multiplication of bacteria, ”explains Marina Kartasheva, dermatologist, cosmetologist of the Semeynaya clinic network.
The process of inflammation can be influenced by other internal problems in the body – from the gastrointestinal tract to the endocrine and reproductive systems.
“Stress cannot be ruled out, because the hormone cortisol has a very strong effect on the functioning of the sebaceous glands, namely, it stimulates it. If your body has a lot of the hormone cortisol and little cortisone (which reduces stress), then you are more likely to have acne, ”says Sophia.
There are times when acne occurs temporarily due to, for example, the use of cosmetics that do not suit you, the use of certain pharmaceuticals, sports supplements.
What examinations to undergo with acne
All those suffering from acne need to go through a gastroenterologist, gynecologist, endocrinologist. And pass tests in this area. The analysis for cortisol stands apart, it must be taken by saliva, and the doctor will tell you a special scheme.
How to treat acne
“It is imperative that if a gastroenterologist, gynecologist or endocrinologist finds you have problems, they should work in collaboration with a cosmetologist and be in touch, for the effectiveness of acne treatment, such teamwork is simply necessary,” explains Sofya Pakhomova.
The very same acne treatment regimen for dermatologists and venereologists depends on the stage of acne. “With a mild degree, high-quality cosmetic care and the use of external products containing topical retinoid and antibacterial or antiseptic components. With an average degree at the beginning of therapy, preference is given to external agents, with insufficient effectiveness, the use of systemic antibacterial agents or vitamin A is considered, if they are ineffective, therapy with systemic retinoids is considered. In severe forms of acne, after excluding possible provoking endocrine or gastroenterological diseases, therapy is carried out with drugs from the group of systemic retinoids, ”says Marina Kartasheva.
1. Mask for narrowing the pores ILONA LUNDEN. 2. Lotion “Seracin” Librederm. 3. Gel for washing Bioderma Sebium. 4. Antibacterial tonic Mixit. 5. Tonic with fruit acids EGIA.
Not all experts consider it right to stuff acne patients with antibiotics. In some cases, they can aggravate the course of the disease. “There is a low efficiency of these drugs compared to modern methods of therapy, so the need for their systemic administration has become very rare,” Marina explains.
1. Creme Juvanyl Academie Cleansing Cream. 2. 3-in-1 “Clear Skin Active” Garnier. 3. Mask-film NanoAsia. 4. Mousse for acne-prone skin Biore. 5. Effaclar La Rocher-Posay Micro Exfoliating Cleansing Gel.
In cosmetic care for acne at home, it is advised to give preference to products with benzoyl peroxide, with acids, acne bacteria are very afraid of acids, salicylic and glycolic, zinc are especially effective (it dries and normalizes the sebaceous glands). Do not forget to moisturize problem skin, which is why we wrote here.
1. Normaderm Phytosolution VICHY double action corrective care against imperfections. 2. Mattifying fluid Weleda. 3. ClearYourSkin Eveline Acne Mattifying Toner. 4. Azelaic Correcting Cream ARAVIA Laboratories. 5. Corrective cream against wrinkles and skin imperfections Dr.Pierre Ricaud.
In combination with home therapy, beauty treatments also work well. Chemical peels, PRP therapy, photo, laser and photodynamic therapy deal a particularly strong blow to acne.
1. Serum with alpha-lipoic acid Protector “Health Quartet”. 2. Serum Anti-acne ATB lab. 3. Serum for the treatment of acne Stop acne cream Meillume. 4. Serum Vinopure Caudalie.
What to avoid during acne treatment
To get good results and get rid of acne, you need to give up fast food, in acute forms from milk and sweets. “These products contain substances that provoke or support the immune inflammation cascade,” warns Marina Kartasheva.