December 31, 2020, 12:00
New Year holidays are hard to imagine without delicious food and alcohol. On courage, raising another glass for love, we rarely think about the consequences of such a stormy fun. Awareness comes only in the morning. Headache, nausea, feeling of impotence… How to protect yourself from a hangover?
Waking up on January 1 with a fresh head and in a great mood even after the most tear-off party is quite real. To do this, it is enough to follow some simple rules.
1. Learn the materiel
The phrase “know the enemy by sight” is the best applies to alcohol. If you understand how it affects the body, it becomes much easier to control both the quantity and quality of what you drink. To begin with, you should learn that alcohol, even in the smallest doses, the body perceives as a poison and seeks to get rid of it as soon as possible. To do this, the liver produces enzymes that break down and process the “drunk enemy”. It is clear that in the case of large feasts, the liver works for wear. Not only do we drink, we also eat a lot! As a result, toxins do not have time to be excreted from the body, and alcohol intoxication occurs.
2. Do not overload the liver and stomach
So, we already know that while we are drinking, walking, having fun, our liver is working hard. In order not to load it once again, follow the following recommendations:
- do not sit down at the festive table hungry. In order not to greedily pounce on the abundance of taste, an hour and a half before dinner, eat something light: vegetable salad, cottage cheese with fruit;
- eat moderately, it is better to give up spicy foods containing garlic, mustard, pepper, vinegar – they slow down the oxidation of alcohol. Juicy fruits, lemons, watermelons, sauerkraut are good for a snack;
- when compiling a New Year’s menu, try to replace mayonnaise dressings with something more useful, such as sour cream or yogurt.
3. Control the situation
During a feast, try to drink each next serving of alcohol about 20 minutes after the previous one. This will help you adequately assess your condition. And do not reach the condition. If you feel that you are gradually losing clarity of thought and control over yourself, take measures for emergency sobering up. It will be very disappointing to turn off in the midst of the holiday and miss all the fun.
To do this, just take a bag of Alco-Sorba. It contains silicon enterosorbent, which provides a quick sobering effect, in other words, relieves the feeling of “helicopters in the head”, restores the ability to think soberly and sensibly assess the situation.
4. Don’t mix!
Another tip that everyone knows is repeated, but forgotten after about the third toast: during the evening, you should not mix different drinks. And the principle of “raising the degree” will not help here. It is better to choose something specific and drink the whole evening. It will be easier for the body to cope with one drink than with several.
5. Drink an anti-hangover cocktail before bed!
Even if the whirlwind of general fun turned your head and you forgot about all the above rules, you can always correct the situation. To do this, after the end of the party, before going to bed, take an anti-hangover cocktail. It quickly neutralizes alcohol and removes toxins. The faster harmful substances (alcohol breakdown products) leave your body, the faster your well-being will return.
The effectiveness of such drugs is due to the unique composition. It contains three components:
- silicon enterosorben – binds and quickly removes excess alcohol and its toxins from the body;
- succinic acid – accelerates the process of “combustion” of alcohol in the blood, quickly relieves a hangover;
- taurine – restores energy balance, improves attention, mood. You probably know the feeling of apathy, depression, lethargy after a stormy night. It is also a consequence of alcohol intoxication.
Another valuable quality of this remedy is the normalization of sleep. Now the morning of January 1 will definitely be kind!
The opinion of the editors may not coincide with the opinion of the author of the article.