It would seem that it can be difficult to just take and boil chicken eggs, can there really be any rules? Yes, there are some little nuances! How to boil eggs correctly and for how long so that they turn out soft-boiled or hard-boiled and do not burst when cooked? The whole process of boiling eggs is in our material!
Boiled chicken eggs are a healthy and affordable product that is a favorite treat for many people, both in its simple form and as an addition to salads and other dishes.
Everyone has boiled eggs at least once in their life. And, probably, many faced when the egg cracked and the protein spilled into the water. Also, they may or may not be digested. To avoid this, and boil the eggs of the state that you need – we analyze the process of boiling eggs on the shelves.
Memorize and write it down!
Eggs until fully cooked (hard boiled) should be boiled for 10 minutes from the moment of boiling, laying in cold water.
To cook soft-boiled eggs, boil them for up to 5 minutes. You will get slightly undercooked eggs.
If you have homemade chicken eggs, you need to cook them a little longer. Soft-boiled – from 8 minutes, and hard-boiled – up to 13.
How to hard boil eggs
- Wash chicken eggs thoroughly under running water before cooking.
- Pour cold water into a saucepan.
- Place the eggs in a bowl of cold water. During the cooking process, the eggs must be completely covered with water.
- Put the pan with the eggs on the fire, cook for 7-10 minutes.
- After hard-boiling, pour cold water over the eggs.
- Crack an eggshell on a cutting board or with a spoon.
- Peel eggs from the shell and serve or use in dishes. Ready! Nothing complicated.
How to boil soft boiled eggs
For cooking, use the same instructions, but reduce the cooking time for this. So, it takes only 3 minutes to cook soft-boiled eggs. If you want eggs “in a bag”, then you should cook for about 5 minutes.
How to boil a poached egg
Cooks call this type of cooking a real art, so it is important to follow the rules of cooking.
1. The vortex rule. Before dropping the egg into the water, stir it well with a whisk to form a funnel. This will help the white cover the yolk. The egg should be lowered directly into the middle of the whirlpool.
2. The rule of personal space. Crack each egg into a separate bowl. Thus, you can safely transfer it to the water, maintaining integrity.
3. Cooking time. Poached egg lovers know that 3-3.5 minutes is enough to cook. During this time, during this time, the protein should completely seize, while the yolk remains liquid inside.
If not in a saucepan, then how else to cook eggs?
- In a multicooker. Soft-boiled eggs need to be boiled for 5 minutes, in a bag – 5 minutes, in a steep one – 12 minutes.
- In the microwave. Put the eggs in a mug, fill the mug with water, add a teaspoon of salt, microwave for 10 minutes at 60% power (about 500 watts).
- In a steamer. Chicken eggs in a double boiler should be boiled for 18 minutes.
- How to boil eggs without shell? Crack the eggs with a knife, pour the contents of the shell into a plastic egg container, close the egg container and put into boiling water. Boil 5 minutes.
If a raw egg floats up in the water, then the egg is no longer fit for consumption and must be thrown out immediately!
How to boil eggs without cracking
1. Water must be salted – 2 tablespoons per liter of water. The protein will not leak out even if the egg cracks during the cooking process.
2. In no case do not put cold eggs in boiling water, otherwise they will immediately crack from temperature changes. Take them out of the refrigerator an hour before cooking or warm them in warm water.
3. From the blunt end, you can pierce the egg with a needle. On this side is an air sac. When heated, the air expands and the shell cracks. If you pierce the shell, the problem will be solved. Elementary physics.
4. Boil the eggs in a small saucepan. If you put few eggs in a large saucepan, then during the cooking process they will roll and knock against each other.
- Boil eggs over low heat.
- Boil fresh eggs (up to 4 days) a little longer – 2-3 minutes.
- How to check if a chicken egg is ready? Just turn it: if it spins fast, it means boiled, if it spins slowly, it means raw.
What can I do to make eggs easy to peel?
If the eggs don’t peel well, that’s proof they’re fresh.
1. As soon as you finish boiling the eggs, pour cold water over them. Then they will be easier to peel off the shell.
2. After they are almost hard-boiled, you need to lightly hit them with a knife from the sides so that the shell cracks.
3. To avoid problems with cleaning eggs, dip the eggs in already boiling water.
4. Eggs are well cleaned only when they have already cooled down. Keep boiled eggs for 15 minutes in cold water. Ideally, leave them overnight in the refrigerator.
5. Another effective way is to add a teaspoon of soda to the water. The fact is that it will increase the Ph of the protein, and for this reason the film, which is located immediately under the shell, will not stick – then the egg will clear the shell faster.
Armed with this knowledge, you can easily boil eggs for breakfast for the whole family, and also add them to various recipes! Good luck 🙂
The opinion of the editors may not coincide with the opinion of the author of the article.