November 25, 2021
The type of human skin is determined by the amount of skin fat (sebum). When the secretion of the sebaceous glands is minimal, the skin is called dry, and when there is an excess of sebum, it is called oily. We invite you to learn more about skin types and the features of care for each of them. Let’s start with oily and combination skin.
Signs of oily skin are also:
- greasy shine;
- enlarged pores;
- high density of the epidermis;
- development of inflammatory processes;
- grayish shade of the skin.
Causes of oily skin:
- hormonal changes and imbalances;
- drug treatment;
- cosmetics that lead to the formation of comedones (makeup products that cause irritation);
- wrong diet;
- consumption of alcoholic beverages and smoking;
- long-term use of oral contraceptives;
- diseases of the digestive tract.
Features of care for oily skin
- Oily skin is recommended for cosmetics that have a sebum-regulating, anti-inflammatory, keratolytic effect.
- It is good to scrub once or twice a week.
- It is better to give preference to masks that gently remove dead cells of the epidermis.
Stages of care for oily facial skin:
This type of skin is best suited for washing gel or foam. Example, cleansing gel Sebium for the face (in a tube) from Bioderma. It reduces the appearance of inflammatory elements, red spots and follicles, gently and qualitatively removes impurities, does not overdry, reduces the secretion of sebaceous and sebaceous glands, and preserves the hydrolipidic layer.
Importantly! Hot water should not be used when washing, as it causes irritation and active secretion of sebum.
Tonics or lotions eliminate inflammation, clear blackheads and narrow pores. A good option for oily skin — pore-tightening toner from Babe Laboratorios. It fights rashes and acne, has an antibacterial effect, mattifies and narrows pores.
Depending on the time of day, use a day or night cream, as well as a mask designed for oily skin. A good option is Babor mask for problem skinwhich fights inflammation and acne breakouts, giving the skin smoothness.
Combination skin is defined by excessive sebum production in the T-zone and the absence of sebum and a corresponding lipid deficiency in other areas of the skin.
Signs of combination skin are:
- shine in the T-zone;
- enlarged pores on the forehead, nose and chin;
- in other areas of the face, the skin is prone to dryness;
- spots or irritations are possible in the T-zone.
Causes of combination skin:
- improper care of your face;
- low-quality cosmetics;
- excessive fondness for cream-powder;
- diseases of the liver and gastrointestinal tract;
- improper nutrition.
Features of care for combination skin:
- You need to care for combination skin in the same way as for oily and dry skin together.
- Before using cosmetic products, it is recommended to conduct a test on an inconspicuous part of the body (inner bend of the elbow or behind the ear).
- Dry areas of the skin should be treated with a cosmetic milk intended for dry skin, oily areas should be freed from dirt and excess sebum with a product for oily skin.
Stages of care for combination facial skin:
It is worth choosing mild means. If the skin is prone to severe oiliness in the T-zone, you should pay attention to a gel with a more mattifying effect, such as daily cleansing gel exfoliant from Nuxe. It smoothes the microrelief of the epidermis, maintains its optimal hydrobalance and normalizes the work of the sebaceous glands.
It is recommended to remove foam or washing gel from the skin of the face with cool water.
To tone combination skin, you can use a tonic that contains natural ingredients and a high concentration of active components. A good option is Sebiaclair tonic for sensitive, combination, oily, acne-prone skin from SVR. It reduces and limits the appearance of new imperfections, soothes and reduces inflammation, helps eliminate blemishes, cleanses the skin and quickly regulates excess sebum.
It is best to use creams with a light texture, as well as light emulsions and gels. Iseak MAT cream-gel from Uriage acts on the deep layers of the skin, cleaning enlarged pores, narrows them, dries up acne breakouts, helps reduce acne manifestations, relieve inflammation and even out tone and microrelief.
It involves the use of day and night nourishing creams, as well as masks. These products should contain natural plant extracts and oils that saturate the skin with vitamins and promote its healing. Alternatively, Efaclar K (+) Restorative care for combination and oily skin from La Roche-Posay. It provides antioxidant action, prevents the appearance of comedones and regulates the appearance of excessive shine for 8 hours.