Preparing for the winter, you need to take the issue of choosing winter shoes very seriously. After all, it is in it that you have to survive the cold winter, with its slush, snow and ice. Choosing good shoes is not as easy as it seems at first glance, because it should be not only beautiful, but also of high quality and, most importantly, comfortable.
Today we want to share with you some tips that will help you choose stylish and high-quality shoes for the coming winter.
How to choose the right winter shoes?
- When choosing winter shoes, remember that if the climate is quite humid, then shoes should be your faithful assistant in rain and slush. Therefore, immediately abandon models with thin soles. Firstly, in winter, a thin sole will not protect you from the cold, and secondly, this sole will stick very quickly in slush. Choose from chunky soles, platforms or square heels.
- Do not stop your precious attention on natural leather substitutes. See models exclusively made of genuine leather or suede. But, do not forget that natural suede is deer skin, so such shoes will cost a lot. But you can wear it only in dry weather, because suede is afraid of moisture and severe frosts. If the label says that the model is made of suede, and the price is quite low, do not be deceived, most likely it is a substitute or velor. It is very similar to suede, but costs much less. If you opted for a model made of genuine leather, then you should know that now almost all shoes are made from the skin of cattle. But the most popular is calfskin. You can determine it by very small pores, and it looks quite rough. But, don’t let that scare you, because these qualities will protect your shoes from moisture, dirt and winter reagents that are sprinkled on roads in winter.
- Also pay attention to the fact that the insulation is also made of natural fur. Sheepskin is mainly used for insulation.
- One of the main rules for choosing high-quality shoes is the definition of comfort. How can you determine whether your feet will be comfortable and comfortable? Actually the secret is simple. Place the selected model on a flat surface. And if the sole is in contact with the surface in two places, in the heel and in the fold of the foot, then this shoe is considered ideal, and you will be very comfortable in it. But, if the shoes are unstable, then the feet will tire very quickly, even if the heel or sole seems comfortable.
- If you want to look stylish, then the model on the platform is what you need. It is very comfortable and will keep your feet warm in cold weather. When choosing shoes with heels, be sure to try them on and walk around in them, and if there are any doubts or the heel is unstable, then, without hesitation, refuse an unnecessary purchase. Shoes with heels should be stable, and it is desirable that the heel be low, about 3 — 5 centimeters.
- It is recommended to choose shoes after lunch, because when the legs are tired, they become a little larger, and so that later by the end of the working day the shoes do not start to press, choose one size larger. Plus, your feet will always be warm. For those who don’t know, feet get cold when shoes are not chosen correctly — feet start to freeze when they are cramped.
- If you are looking for fashionable shoes for every day, then we advise you to pay attention to women’s uggs. They have become more and more popular lately. In addition, they are very comfortable and warm. Ugg boots are somewhat reminiscent of village boots, but modern boots have been modernized a bit. They can be with laces or with fur decoration.
- And lastly, it would be ideal if you find models using Gortex. Gore-Tex is a material with special pores that warms the feet, does not allow water to penetrate and your feet always remain warm and dry.
But, the biggest rule is shoe care. Even if you choose expensive and high-quality shoes, but take care of them incorrectly, they will deteriorate very quickly. So choose the right shoes and take good care of them. Then it will serve you for more than one year!